Our School Policies
Policies are developed by the school community and ratified at School Council meetings.
They are set out in our policy booklet:
Other policies and initiatives are as follows:
Newtown Primary School’s community has a strong commitment to providing an education that reflects a local and global responsibility to our environment and the awareness of sustainable practice.
– Nude Food, Rubbish Free Snack and Lunch encouraged.
– Healthy Food
– Reduce packaging by buying in bulk.
– Reuse rather than throw away.
– Recycle plastic at local supermarkets rather than go to landfill.
– Newsletter: receive it on-line to reduce paper.
– Children in all year levels have sustainability leadership roles.
– House captains lead their houses.
– Recycle paper, plastic containers, cans, cardboard and plastics to yellow bins.
– Reduction of waste, gas, electricity and paper.
A few reminders with the safety of our students in mind.
– At Newtown Primary School we do not share food. We have a number of students with allergies and it could put them at an unnecessary risk.
– Similarly, we are a Nut Free School and H2O only.
Please respect these expectations with the safety of all of our students in mind.