Our School Policies
Other policies and initiatives are as follows:
Policies are developed and regularly reviewed by the school community and ratified at School Council meetings.
Bullying Prevention Policy
Camps and Excursions Policy
Child Safety Policy
Child Safety – Responding and Reporting Policy
Child Safety Code of Conduct
Digital Learning Policy
Equal Opportunity Anti Discrimination Policy
First Aid Policy
Inclusion and Diversity Policy
Personal Mobile Devices Policy
Personal Property Policy
Photographing, Filming and Recording Policy
Student Engagement and Wellbeing Policy
Sun Smart Policy
Yard Duty and Supervision Policy
Yard Duty and Supervision (Parents and Students) Policy
Newtown Primary School’s community has a strong commitment to providing an education that reflects a local and global responsibility to our environment and the awareness of sustainable practice.
– Nude Food, Rubbish Free Snack and Lunch encouraged.
– Healthy Food
– Reduce packaging by buying in bulk.
– Reuse rather than throw away.
– Recycle plastic at local supermarkets rather than go to landfill.
– Newsletter: receive it on-line to reduce paper.
– Children in all year levels have sustainability leadership roles.
– House captains lead their houses.
– Recycle paper, plastic containers, cans, cardboard and plastics to yellow bins.
– Reduction of waste, gas, electricity and paper.
A few reminders with the safety of our students in mind.
– At Newtown Primary School we do not share food. We have a number of students with allergies and it could put them at an unnecessary risk.
– Similarly, we are a Nut Free School and H2O only.
Please respect these expectations with the safety of all of our students in mind.