Newtown Primary School 2025 enrolment tours will be available to book from March 2024.
- Culture of RESPECT
- Quality Literacy & Numeracy programs
- Expansive school grounds
- Before School, After School and Vacation care program available
If you would like more information please contact the school office on (03) 5229 9730 or alternatively, email, email@example.com with ‘2025 enrolment request’ in the subject line.
Individual & small group school tours with our Principal, Mr. Corrie Barclay are available on request, please contact the school office on (03) 5229 9730 to book a suitable time.
For Foundation (Prep) enrolments, we suggest boooking a small group school tour in Terms 1 or 2 in the year prior to your child starting school. School tours are generally held on Mondays and Thursdays and are conducted by our Principal team.
Kinder Connect Program
In 2024, we are introducing a ‘Kinder Connect’ Program. Aimed at prospective 2025 Prep students and their parents/carers, this program is an immersive school experience – in a bite sized chunk! To book a limited place to experience Newtown PS, please complete the google form HERE.
2025 Foundation (Prep) Enrolments
The Department of Education has released an updated statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline for the 2025 school year.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Newtown Primary School.
All government primary schools will follow the timeline in 2024 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2025 school year.
You can find information and resources about the timeline, including factsheets and a poster at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents and Carers’ from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2025 at Newtown Primary School from 15 April 2024.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- Request from us or download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024).
- Submit an enrolment application to the school for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26 July 2024.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application between 29 July and 9 August 2024. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
Please note: Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
General Enrolment Information
Your child can start Prep in the year that they turn five on or before 30th April.
If you are wishing to transfer your child from another school into Grades 1 – 6 please contact the school office on (03) 5229 9730 to arrange a discussion or meeting with the Principal.
Victorian Government Schools are now zoned and encouraged to only accept enrolments from their designated zone. Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
You can check to see if Newtown Primary School is deemed to be your designated neighbourhood school on the Find My School website here: https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/
Newtown PS manages enrolments in line with the Deaprtment of Education’s statewide enrolment timeline and using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
What if Newtown PS isn’t our closest neighbourhood school? Can we still apply for enrolment?
In short, yes.
Schools have the ability to accept enrolments that fall outside of their zone on the provision that student numbers have not reached the designated capacity of the school. Newtown Primary School’s built capacity is 275 students.
The school is currently not at capacity.
Out of zone enrolments will be considered on an individual case by case basis by the Principal, who will take into consideration a range of factors. These factors may differ depending on the specific enrolment request and the school’s profile at the time of the request.
Please contact the school office to arrange a tour or meeting with our Principal to see if Newtown Primary School is the right fit for your child.
Further Enrolment Information – Placements & Priority
In circumstances when a school may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns, schools must manage enrolment applications in accordance with the following priority order of placement.
All students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school are guaranteed a place.
The allocation of enrolment places, if limited, is conducted in the following order:
- students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school – guaranteed enrolments.
- students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school.
- students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
In exceptional circumstances, a student may be enrolled in a school based on compassionate grounds. This is an overarching consideration and does not form part of the priority order of placement. Schools are permitted to assess and make a determination for exceptional circumstances applications on a case-by-case basis.
Further DET Information
To view our designated enrolment zone, please visit the FindMySchool website.
For more information you can:
– visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions.
– call the School Provision and Establishment Division via the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950.
– email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– read the Placement Policy.
Click here to contact the school via email